OPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 20/07/2022-03/09/2022
Other European countries-United Kingdom-GRANGEMOUTH - BO'NESS RD
PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: WORKS EXECUTION
Home National | Expert| Residential
At Eni, we are looking for a Supervisor Mechanical Jobs/Plant Engineer within Versalis UK in Grangemouth. You will be responsible for assisting the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
As a member of the Maintenance Team at Versalis UK you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the plant engineer / reliability engineer in the root cause analysis of failures – failure mechanisms.
- Following, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors and Versalis’s fitters,
- Originates permits, including: correcting isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, excavation permit work, confined space permit work, working at height, hot work permit . This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities, in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and “plant Engineering Procedures”, as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- monitor progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Reviewing written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and “plant Engineering Procedures”, as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- Management of confined space, ensuring all vessel release procedures and precautions are in place prior to signing on work permits, to always ensure personnel safety.
- Reviewing lifting plan and be able to be a supervisor for lifting operations
- Awareness of painting/insulation/fire proofing management
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate / manage notifications/work orders
- Assisting in creating weekly plan to coordinate resources required, for routine work as line above and any other tasks requested
- Carrying out all maintenance work to the desired standards and allocated time scales. Resource unplanned work requests, eg from production or breakdowns
- Ensuring, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description.
- Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
- Providing a maintenance function to the process department, carrying out repairs to all mechanical plant and equipment to minimise down time and loss of production.
- Reacting to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies to return to service in the safest and efficient manner. This will require an aptitude to work under pressure, come up with logical solutions and leadership qualities to encourage others to assist at short notice.
- Reviewing efficiencies and eliminate waste of time/resources within the manufacturing process to deliver high quality products/components to clearly defined standards
- Assisting in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP.
- Covering the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities , both for contractors both for Versalis fitters.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), previous industrial experience (COMAH, chemical, Pharmaceutical, Gas and Oil etc sites), as Supervisory experience under permit to work procedure.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following: LOLER regulations, even better if experience as Appointed Persons certification.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
- Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
- Understand PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures.
- Having knowledge of rotating equipment in an industrial environment, laser alignment systems and mechanical seals would be advantageous to this role.
- Understand ASBESTOS management
- Possess of good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
- Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR’s), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS).
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more:
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.