Img_oil_Our_channel.jpg
enioilproducts

Your business, our energy

Produtcs and solutions for business and customers Italy and abroad

Img_enjoy_Our_channel.jpg
ENJOY

Get around town easily

Live the city with Eni's car-sharing service

Upstream

Eni and Rosneft start seismic operations in the Russian offshore Barents Sea

08 July 2013 2:20 PM CEST

San Donato Milanese (Milan), 8 July 2013 – Eni and Rosneft started seismic operations in the Fedynsky and Central Barents license areas, in the ice-free part of the Russian offshore Barents Sea. The 2D seismic survey is planned for 9950 km over the two license areas.

The seismic survey, preceded by environmental and fishery studies, is undertaken in compliance with Russian legal environmental requirements and license agreements. During the seismic survey a program of environmental monitoring will be implemented.

The data of the survey will be collected by geophysical methods from a specialized seismic survey vessel.

Eni and Rosneft formed Joint Venture companies to operate each of the Russian offshore projects, with Rosneft holding a 66.67% stake and Eni holding the remaining 33.33% stake.

The project is part of the wider cooperation between Eni and Rosneft sanctioned under the Strategic Cooperation Agreement entered into by the parties on 25th April 2012

Download the press release (PDF)

PDF 34.44 KB 08 July 2013 CEST 14:20
PDF 34.44 KB