Rome, 8 May 2012 – The Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meeting of Eni's shareholders today resolved the following:
- To approve financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2011, reporting net profit of €4,212,687,003.27;
- To allocate €2,328,880,900.91 out of the 2011 profit of €4,212,687,003.27 which remains after the payment of an interim dividend of €0.52 per share as resolved by the Board of Directors on 8 September 2011, as follows:
- A dividend to shareholders of €0.52 for each share owned and outstanding at the ex-dividend date, in addition to the interim dividend of €0.52 per share, thereby bringing the full year dividend for 2011 to €1.04 per share;
- The amount remaining following the distribution of the proposed €1.04 per share dividend will be added to Retained Earnings;
- To pay the balance of the 2011 dividend on 24 May 2012, with the ex-dividend date set for 21 May 2012;
- To approve the first section of the Remuneration Report, which sets out the company's compensation policy for the Board of Directors, general managers and executives, and lays out the strategic responsibilities and procedures used to adopt and implement the new policy;
- To approve amendments to articles 17.3, 17.5 and 28.2 of the company's by-laws, and the addition of article 34, aimed at establishing gender equality in the composition of the Board of Directors and Board of Statutory Auditors, pursuant to Law No. 120/2011.