San Donato Milanese, March 10, 2011 - Today, the Board of Directors approved Eni's consolidated financial statements and the draft financial statements of the parent company for the year ended December 31, 2010.
As announced on February 16, 2011 with respect to Eni's preliminary results, consolidated net profit amounted to €6,318 million and net profit of the parent company amounted to €6,179 million 1.
The Board of Directors intends to submit a proposal for the distribution of a cash dividend of €1.00 per share 2 (€ 2.00 per ADR) at the Annual Shareholders' Meeting. Included in this annual payment is €0.50 per share which was paid as an interim dividend in September 2010. The balance of €0.50 per share (€1.00 per ADR 3) is payable to shareholders on May 26, 2011, the ex-dividend date being May 23, 2011.
The 2010 Annual Report was submitted to the Board of Statutory Auditors and Eni's independent auditors.
In accordance with the Legislative Decree No. 58/98 (Testo Unico della Finanza) provisions, the 2010 Annual Report will be made available to the public at the Company headquarters and on Eni's website eni.com together with statutory and external auditors' reports, at the end of March.
Enclosed are the 2010 IFRS Financial Statements of Eni's group companies and of the parent company as included in the approved Annual Report.
The Board of Directors also approved:
- the Report on Corporate Governance and Shareholding Structure, which will be sent to Borsa Italiana SpA and published on Eni's website, in the "Corporate Governance" section, together with the 2010 Annual Report;
- the 2010 sustainability performance reporting, which has been included in the Annual Report to integrate financial results and sustainability performance. Eni is one of the first companies in the world to be engaged in this integrated reporting process. In addition, all indicators and key projects of sustainability will be released in the "Sustainability Performance 2010" report, published together with the 2010 Annual Report and subject to the same review process by the Independent auditor Ernst & Young, which will release a single opinion on both documents, in accordance with the ISAE 3000 international audit standard issued by IFAC.
Convening of the Annual Shareholders' Meeting on April 29 and May 5, 2011
The Board of Directors convened the Annual Shareholders' Meeting on April 29 and May 5, 2011, on first and second call respectively, to approve the 2010 financial statements of the parent company and the dividend proposal as well as to appoint corporate bodies.
(1) The press release on Eni's preliminary results for the year 2010, published on February 16, 2011, is available on Eni's website, eni.com, section Investor Relations.
(2) Dividends are not entitled to tax credit and, depending on the receiver, are subject to a withholding tax on distribution or are partially cumulated
to the receiver's taxable income.
(3) On ADR payment date, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. will pay the dividend less the entire amount of a withholding tax under Italian law (currently 27%) to all Depository Trust Company Participants, representing payment of Eni SpA's balance dividend for fiscal year 2010.
* * *
Eni's Chief Financial Officer, Alessandro Bernini, in his capacity as manager responsible for the preparation of the Company's financial reports, certifies pursuant to rule 154-bis paragraph 2 of Legislative Decree No. 58/1998, that data and information disclosed in this press release correspond to the Company's evidence and accounting books and records.