OPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 12/09/2021-12/10/2021
Other European countries-United Kingdom-LONDRA-GB-LONDON BUCKINGHAM PLC RD
PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: FINANCE
Home National | Expert | Residential
At Eni, we are looking for a Trade Control Analyst – Oil Physical within Eni Trade & Biofuels (ETB) in London. You will be responsible for day-to-day trade control activities focusing on commodities including Crude, Products and Oil Derivatives. You will work closely with a number of other departments, in particular Front Office (FO), IT and Back Office (BO).
About Eni Trade & Biofuels
In keeping with Eni’s overall strategy, in particular regarding the global energy transition, since 1 January 2021 Eni Trade & Biofuels S.p.A. (ETB), wholly owned by Eni S.p.A., is the newly created entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB is responsible for marketing Eni’s oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock, and marketing the resulting products from its traditional and green refineries and its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB is also responsible for sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and providing oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets. ETB’s integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach, reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
As a member of Risk Management & Middle Office Department you will be responsible for:
- Performing daily validation activities, making sure all physical crudes and products transactions are duly and timely captured and validated accordingly to the company procedures
- Daily validation activities of relevant price information (spot/forward), making sure all relevant market data information is duly and timely validated accordingly to the company procedures
- Supporting the oil physical end of day process in the relevant ETRM systems guaranteeing the timely generation of Position and PNL reporting
- Performing checks on un-authorized trades and monitoring of mandates/limits (tenor/quantity/value etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulation
- Guaranteeing the necessary activity related to the month-end and quarter-end checks for physical Oil
- Supporting automation efforts by driving greater use of systems within the Trade Control team, eliminating manual spread sheets and fully support the implementation of relevant controls directly into the trade capture systems
- Working with ICT to drive necessary developments
- MO interface with confirmation/ contracts/ operations Department
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Relevant experience within a product control/market risk/middle office/risk management environment in an oil trading company or financial institution.
- We will consider candidates who work within Back Office, settlements or other risk functions if they can demonstrate the skills required in Trade Control
- Knowledge of physical and financial instruments related to oil and refined products
- Advanced knowledge of risk metrics and internal control systems applicable for oil physical and financial transactions
- Comprehension of control processes applicable in a trading/regulated environment
- Understanding of vessel chartering, shipping or bulk commodity movement
- Knowledge of exchanges (i.e. ICE, CME, NYMEX, DME), Platt’s Market on Close (MOC), E-window, and any other trading platform
- Knowledge of market venues, their practices and procedures, especially in relation to product/trader set up and the systems interfaces between the exchange and the trading business
- Knowledge of financial hedging on oil and products
- Knowledge of one or more IT systems would be an advantage (i.e. Endur)
- Strong and solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills, Matlab or Python knowledge is a plus
- Fluent English language (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Italian would be beneficial.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.