OPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 07/09/2021-07/10/2021
WORK LOCATIONS: Other European countries-United Kingdom-GRANGEMOUTH-GB-GRANGEMOUTH BO'NESS RD
PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (DISCIPLINE)
Home National | Expert | Residential
Mechanical Project Engineer, IRC216304
At Eni, we are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer within Versalis UK in Grangemouth.
Versalis is an international subsidiary of Eni specialising in the production of chemicals. We lead the market in a range of businesses including plastic and rubbers alongside a fast-growing bio-based business. We are Italy’s biggest chemical company in terms of turnover, number of employees and production volumes and we’re focused on meeting our customers’ requirements while simultaneously embracing sustainable and competitive growth.
We pursue these goals through product innovation, reducing energy consumption and a relentless focus on safeguarding our people and the environment both inside and outside our facilities. With opportunities throughout Italy, China, Germany, France, USA, Ghana, Congo and a number of other countries, our team is made up of astute and accomplished individuals who all work together to help expand Versalis’ presence on a global scale.
As a member of Versalis UK will be responsible for:
- Interpreting Job card requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems (HAZOP) and ensure solutions can be implemented accurately and within budget.
- Overseeing the provision of Services, including the preparation/checking of Plant Engineering Procedures (PEP’s), Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and all relevant Permits.
- Overseeing, internal and external resources, the design and realisation of investments
- Providing support to the Process Engineering department for economical/technical feasibility analysis
- Ensuring the management of technical documentation (hard copy and electronic)
- Give support to QHSE department for projects correlated to QHSE topics, compliance with the Versalis procedure
- Supervising the development of mechanical, civil and structural design solutions based on engineering principles, Company Standards, National Standards and good engineering practice.
- Preparing the Project cost estimate and plan that are to be submitted for approval.
- Reviewing supplier documentation and comment as required. Ensuring compliance with project requirements and hazardous area classifications.
- Advising on the presentation of modifications to Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Creating new Functional Locations and Equipment Numbers within SAP, as required.
- Identifying long lead items and shutdown activities; integrate activities into the overall Project Department Planing and Shutdown Plans, as required.
- Preparing technical specifications for equipment, incorporating user and technical requirements.
- Providing technical requirements to datasheets for mechanical equipment.
- Supervising designers/draughtsmen in the preparation of design drawings and the generation of material take-offs
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience within a top tier COMAH site, and as a project manager/project engineer
- Proven working experience as a project engineer, within the Oil and gas industry or petrochemical industry;
- Good working knowledge of planning software (Microsoft Project or Primavera)
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (fabrication isometrics, general arrangement drawings etc.)
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards (i.e. ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, PD5500, British Standards etc.)
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability
- Time management and organisational skills
- Cost control management: control the project costs and resources
- Preparation of the scope of the project and the cost estimates
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.