Exploration & Production
Eni has been present in Congo since 1968. In 2018, production averaged 92 kboe/d net to Eni. Eni’s activities are concentrated in the conventional and deep offshore facing Pointe-Noire and onshore Koilou region over a developed and undeveloped acreage of 2,750 square kilometers (1,471 square kilometers net to Eni). Exploration and production activities in Congo are regulated by Production Sharing Agreements.
Production. Eni’s main operated producing interests in Congo are the Nené Marine and Litchendjili (Eni’s interest 65%), Zatchi (Eni’s interest 55,25%), Loango (Eni’s interest 42.5%), Ikalou (Eni’s interest 100%), Djambala (Eni’s interest 50%), Foukanda and Mwafi (Eni’s interest 58%), Kitina (Eni’s interest 52%), Awa Paloukou (Eni’s interest 90%), M’Boundi (Eni’s interest 82%), Kouakouala (Eni’s interest 74.25%), Zingali and Loufika (Eni’s interest 100%) fields with an overall production of approximately 96 kboe/d (74 kbbl/d net to Eni). Other relevant non-operated producing areas are represented by a 35% interest in the Pointe Noire Grand Fond and Likouala permits, with an overall production of approximately 51 kboe/d (18 kboe/d).
Development. Development activity carried out in 2018 was related to:
- the Nené Marine Phase 2A producing project in the Marine XII block with the completion of drilling activities and the installation of a sealine for the connection to the Litchendjili field production platform in the Marine XII block;
- the completion of engineering activities of the Nené Marine Phase 2B project. The project was sanctioned in December 2018;
- activities to increase the power generation of the CEC plant (Eni’s interest 20%) up to 170 MW. Additional gas supply will be ensured by the production of the Marine XII block;
- and the water reinjection project of the Loango and Zatchi operated production fields.
The activities of the second phase of the Project Integrated Hinda (PIH) progressed, aiming to improve life condition of local communities. The project includes several initiatives to support socio-economic development, access to water, access to energy, education and health service. In particular, in 2018, the programs concerned:
- the completion of the CATREP agricultural development project with a training program of 14 agricultural cooperatives, that was supported also by the World Food Program;
- renovation and construction of multicultural centers;
- scholarship programs, in particular in the Pointe Noire area through the supply of educational material and renovation initiatives;
- and programs to strengthen the Primary Health Care services at the Health Centers and others operating in the area, in particular in the maternal and child sphere.
In addition, the construction of a training and research center on renewable energy progressed in Oyo, in the north of the Country.
Eni plays an active role in the Oil & Gas sector in Congo with Versalis with its oilfield chemicals portfolio.
Offices & contacts
Eni Congo S.A.
Upstream And Technical Services
Rue Docteur Jamet 2
Brazzaville –Republic of Congo