Exploration & Production
Eni is present in Angola with the East & West Hub projects, which are part of the company's seven record projects. Activities in the country are mainly concentrated in the Exploration & Production sector in the conventional offshore, for a total developed and undeveloped area of 21,051 square kilometers. In February 2017, production start-up was achieved at the East Hub project in the operated Block 15/06 (Eni's interest 36.84%), five months earlier than scheduled and with a time-to-market among the best in the industry, by means of the linkage of Cabaca South East field to the FPSO Olombendo. The development plan includes water and gas injection wells in line with the zero flaring policy and zero water discharge. Eni started production in the Block 15/06 at the end of 2014 with the West Hub Development Project. In November 2017, Eni signed extension exploration rights of the block until 2020. This agreement will grant to Eni to exploit the full near-field exploration potential in a fruitful area.
Development activities carried out in 2017 are:
- the completion of project activities of the Ochigufu oil field, within the West Hub development project in the Block 15/06, with production start-up achieved in March 2018, in one and a half year from the FID;
- the Vandumbu project in the Block 15/06 with production start-up expected in 2019;
- the drilling of development wells of the Mafumeira Sul project in the Block 0 (Eni's interest 9.8%);
- the completion of development activities of the Kizomba Satellites Phase 2 project and infilling activities in the Block 15 (Eni's interest 20%).
In November 2017, Eni signed with Sonangol an agreement to award a 48% interest and the operatorship of the onshore Cabinda North block, which was previously participated by Eni with a 15% interest.
The block is located in an oil basin few explored in the north of the country, where Eni will leverage on the mining knowledge acquired in exploration and development activities progressed in nearby areas of the Republic of Congo. In case of exploration success, the block will benefit from the existing infrastructures. In addition, Eni and Sonangol signed a Memorandum of Understanding to define joint projects throughout the value chain of the energy sector. In particular, the MoU includes programs in the downstream business, exploration activities, development of associated and nonassociated gas and renewable energy sector.
Eni also continues its commitment to support socio-economic development in the southern region of the country. In particular, the ongoing initiatives, defined with the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, the Ministry of Health and local communities, concerned:
- an integrated project to improve access to energy and water;
- and agricultural projects as well as health training programs and activities.
Finally, Eni supports the program aimed at demining and improving rural areas, particularly in the south of the country.
Offices and contacts
Exploration & Production
Eni Angola S.p.A - Sucursal de Angola
Downtown Center Building, 19 Joaquim Figueiredo Street, 12º Floor
P.O. BOX 1289
Luanda – Angola
Tel. (00244) 222 391894