Exploration & Production
Eni has been operating in Norway since 1965. Eni’s activities are performed in the Norwegian Sea, in the Norwegian section of the North Sea and in the Barents Sea, on a total developed and undeveloped acreage of 8,356 square kilometres (2,608 square kilometres net to Eni).
Exploration activities yielded positive results at the beginning of 2017 with a new oil and gas discovery in the PL 128/128D license (Eni’s interest 11.5%), nearby the production facilities of the Norne field (Eni’s interest 6.9%). This new discovery is in line with Eni’s exploration strategy of focusing on near-field incremental activities for a fast-track development.
In 2016, Eni was awarded the following exploration licenses:
- PL 128D (Eni’s interest 11.5%) in the Norwegian Sea;
- PL 816 (Eni operator with a 70% interest) in the Norwegian section of the North Sea; and (iii) PL 229D (Eni operator with a 65% interest) and PL 849 (Eni’s interest 30%) in the Barents Sea.
In January 2017, Eni was awarded further exploration licenses:
- PL 128E (Eni’s interest 11.5%) in the Norwegian Sea;
- PL 900 (Eni operator with a 90% interest) and PL 901 (Eni’s interest 30%) in the Barents Sea.
In March 2016, production start-up was achieved at the Goliat field (Eni operator with a 65% interest) in the Barents Sea. Field production reached the target of 100 kboe/d (65 kboe/d net to Eni) and during the year peak production of approximately 114 kboe/d (approximately 74 kboe/d net to Eni) was achieved. The field is estimated to contain reserves amounting to approximately 180 mmbbl. The project includes a subsea system consisting
of 22 wells linked to the largest cylindrical FPSO in the world by subsea production and injection flowlines. The use of well-advanced technologies, electricity supply provided to the platform from the mainland and the re-injection of produced water and natural gas into reservoir as well as zero gas flaring during production activities allow to minimize environmental impact.
Other main activities concerned:
- the drilling of infilling wells to support production at the Ekofisk and Eldfisk fields in the PL 018 (Eni’s interest 12.39%) in the Norwegian section of the North Sea;
- maintenance and optimization of production, mainly at the Asgard (Eni’s interest 14.82%), Heidrun (Eni’s interest 5.17%) and Norne Outside (Eni’s interest 11.5%) fields in the Norwegian Sea.
Offices and contacts
Eni Norge AS
P.O. Box 101 Forus,
Vestre Svanholmen 12
Tel. (0047) 52 874800