Eni's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders’, which was held on 29 April 2010, resolved to:
- approve Eni’s Financial Statements for the year ending 31 December 2009, which show a net profit of €5,060,639,549.44;
- allocate €3,249,436,231.44 of Eni’s 2009 net profit of €5,060,639,549.44, which is the residual amount after the payment of an interim dividend of €0.50 per share resolved by the Board of Directors on 10 September 2009 and paid from 24 September 2009, as follows:
- for the payment of a dividend of €0.50 for each share in circulation, excluding Eni treasury shares, on the ex-dividend date. Taking account of the payment in 2009 of an interim dividend of €0.50 per share, the full dividend proposed for 2009 consequently amounts to €1 per share;
- to allocate the residual net profit, after payment of the dividend, to the Distributable Reserve;
- set the payment date for the 2009 from 27 May 2010, the ex-dividend date being 24 May 2010;
- appoint the auditing firm Reconta Ernst & Young as Independent Auditors for Eni’s financial statements for the period 2010-2018;
- approve amendments to articles 1, 4, 12, 14, 15 and 16 of the company’s by-laws as proposed by the Board of Directors. These include the recent changes to shareholders rights introduced in Italy by the recent decree that implements the EU Shareholders Rights Directive.