Prizes and Recognitions
Eni Award is made up of two sections:
- Prizes: awarded to researchers for the top universities and research centres from around the world.
- Recognitions at Innovation: awarded to our researchers.
- Energy Transition: Robert Schlögl
- Energy Frontiers: Jens Nielsen
- Advanced Environmental Solutions: Graham Hutchings
- Young Researcher of the Year: Matteo Fasano e Stefano Langé
- Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa: Ugwoke Blessing Onyeche e Yemane Kelemework Equbamariam
Winners in Recognition at Innovation
- Technological Solution: Gianni Girotti, Mark Burk, Alberto Cesana, Daniela Cucchetti, Daniele Delledonne, Alessandro Del Seppia, Giuliana Franzosi, Marta Gamberoni, Bruno Gibbardo, Cecilia Gradella, Vittorio Milanesi, Lorenzo Nannetti, Valentina Rodighiero, Guido Spanò, Nicola Vecchini “Bio-butadiene”
- Technological Solution: Elisa di Biase, Lucilla Del Gaudio, Alessandra Belloni, Paola Albonico, Alberto Maliardi, Roberto Lorefice, Mario Sobacchi, Francesca Rinaldi, Claudia Porretta Serapiglia “Microgels: Innovative Technology For Water Mitigation Treatments”
- Patent: Giuliana Schimperna, Luigi Abbondanza, Antonio Proto, Liliana Gila, Andrea Alessi “High Performance fluorescent dyes for LSC based Smart Windows”
Launched in 2007 to recognise the best studies on efficiency, sustainability and environmental protection, the annual Eni Award is an international prize for applied research in the field of energy. The 2017 edition marks the 10th anniversary of the Eni Award, with important innovations regarding the competition's subject areas and the establishment of a new category called Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa, this will be reserved for graduates of African universities.