Prizes and awards
Eni Award is made up of two sections:
- Prizes: awarded to researchers for the top universities and research centres from around the world.
- Awards for Eni Innovation: awarded to our researchers.
The winners of Eni Awards 2013 were:
- Rajamani Krishna - New Frontiers of Hydrocarbons Prize - Downstream Improving Process Technologies with Molecular Insights
- Philip G. Jessop - New Frontiers of Hydrocarbons Prize - Upstream CO2-Triggered Control of Oil/Water Mixtures
- Frances H. Arnold - Renewable Energy Prize Directed Evolution of Enzymes and Pathways for Renewable Fuels and Chemicals
- James C. Liao - Renewable Energy Prize Synthesis of isobutanol and other higher alcohols as bio-fuels
- Roberto Danovaro - Environment Protection Prize Marine viruses play a key role in global climate change and in the functioning of the global oceans
- Matteo Cargnello - Debut in Research Prize Tailored nanoarchitectures based on transition metals for heterogeneous catalysis
- Damiano Genovese - Debut in Research Prize Supramolecular Approaches Towards Organized Luminescent Nanostructures For Sensing, Labelling And Imaging Applications
Winners in Innovation in Eni Awards
The winners for Eni Innovation Awards in 2013 were:
- R. Fusco, A. Alessi, A. Proto, G. Schimperna, P. Scudo, S. Santarelli, G. Bianchi Highly efficient fluorophores for luminescent solar concentrators.
- A. de Angelis, P. Pollesel Process to give value to natural gas with a high hydrogen sulphide content
- F. Fonnesu, M. Orsi predictive sedimentary model for the Mamba Complex (Area 4, Mozambico)
Eni Award is an international competition launched by Eni in 2007 dedicated to research applied to the field of energy. It selects the best research projects on efficiency, sustainability and the protection of the environment.