Prizes and awards
Eni Award is divided into two sections:
- Prizes: awarded to research scientists from the best universities and research centres in the world
- Recognition for Innovation in Eni: awarded to our research scientists
The winners of the Eni Award prizes in 2012 were:
- Fabio Rocca - New Frontiers of Hydrocarbons Prize PSInSAR was applied to identify ground instability, tectonic movement and ground subsidance. This data was supplied to all the regional governments so that they could update their risk map and urban planning schemes.
- Alessandro Ferretti - New Frontiers of Hydrocarbons Prize PSInSAR è stata applicata per l'individuazione di smottamenti, movimento tettonico e subsidenza del terreno. Questi dati sono stati forniti a tutti i governi regionali per aggiornarne le mappe del rischio e gli schemi urbanistici.
- Enrique Iglesia - New Frontiers of Hydrocarbons Prize By using natural resources used as combustible fuel, pollution is reduced as well as health risks for the population.
- Harry A. Atwater - Renewable and Non-conventional Energy Prize This research project contributes to the maximum optimisation of solar energy production reducing costs and thus contributing to the spread of renewable sources which until now were not easily accessible to consumers on account of their high costs.
- Albert Polman - Renewable and Non-conventional Energy Prize This research project contributes to the maximum optimisation of solar energy production reducing costs and thus contributing to the spread of renewable sources which until now were not easily accessible to consumers on account of their high costs
- Barbara Sherwood Lollar - Environment Protection Prize The application of stable isotope geochemistry for the research and protection of groundwater resources and the environment contribute to clean up the environment and the water resources of the country.
- Silvia Comba - Debut in Research Prize Iron is the solution to the pollution of aquifers. Due to this research it will be possible to reduce both pollution and the time taken for remediation.
- Jijeesh Ravi Nair - Debut in Research Prize Research continues into lithium batteries, the main aim still being to respect the environment by reducing contamination as much as possible.
The winners of the Eni Award for Innovation in 2012 were:
- R. Vignola, R. Bagatin, A. D’Auris, M. P. Papini, R. Tuffi, R. Sisto Procedure for the treatment of contaminated water
- Carati, M. Gagliardi, M. Ferrari, S. Zanardi, M. Marella, M. Tomaselli Mixed oxide including NiMoW, established by the degree of isostructural wolframite crystallinity da una fase a grado controllato di cristallinità isostrutturale alla Wolframite
- N. Carballo, G. Ferrario, T. Frame, M. Kuck, J. Longo, G. Rizza, S. Pilone, E. Squintani Nikaitchuq: Technology intensive drilling, completion and production solutions.
Eni Award is an international competition launched by Eni in 2007 dedicated to research applied to the field of energy. It selects the best research projects on efficiency, sustainability and the protection of the environment.