Prizes and recognition awards
Eni Award is divided into two sections:
- Prizes: awarded to research scientists from the best universities and research centres in the world
- Recognition for Innovation in Eni: awarded to our research scientists
The winners of the Eni Award prizes in 2008 were:
- Arthur J. Nozik –Science and Technology Prize The professor's research will contribute to an improvement and optimisation of the of cell efficiency used in solar energy production.
- Stefan W. Glunz – Science and Technology Prize This research will lead to an improvement in solar energy performance increasing the quality and quantity of energy produced.
- J. Craig Venter – Research and Environment Prize Apart from the application in the environmental field which aims at the regeneration of the environment, long awaited has been the application in the field of preventive medicine to predict the genetic propensity to contract some diseases and develop more effective cures for them.
- Luca Chiarello – Debut in Research Prize The aim of this study was to reduce the pollution in water and air as much as possible and to make the environment purer.
- Silvia Cereda – Debut in Research Prize Dr.Cereda's research takes us one step further into the future of clean energy, such as solar energy.
The winners of the Eni Innovation awards 2008 were:
- Giacomo Rispoli, Giuseppe Bellussi, Nicoletta Panariti - Eni R&M Division Improved procedure for the hydro-conversion of heavy oils with sea-bed ebulating systems
- Paolo Ruffo, Domenico Grigo, Roberto Galimberti - Eni E&P Division SIMBA + Petroleum System Modelling.
- Riccardo Inglese, Leonardo Chiazzi, Alessandro Canalini, Fabio Montanari - Polimeri Europa. Development of a process for the production of co-polymer styrenes via anionic/radical polymerisation.
Eni Award is an international competition launched by Eni in 2007 dedicated to research applied to the field of energy. It selects the best research projects on efficiency, sustainability and the protection of the environment.