In Italy, we are the second largest electricity producer and the largest for energy from natural gas, and a market leader in the dispatching services market (DSM) due to the flexibility of our generating fleet.
More specifically, the Power Business Unit:
- optimises the assets in the portfolio on all spot markets (MGP/MI/MSD/MB)
- guarantees access to the market, forecasting and scheduling for significant and non-significant units (Eni and third parties) in Italy and in Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Switzerland)
- manages forecasting, over the short and long term, for the customer portfolio and the photovoltaic plants, using proprietary mathematical models
- handles risk management & trading activities, operating on forward markets for all relevant risk factors in production and sales processes
- employs a quantitative competency centre dedicated to portfolio-related activities.