After several past initiatives, we returned to the Moroccan Upstream in 2016. In December 2017, we signed a new agreement with the State company "Office national des hydrocarbures et des mines" (ONHYM) for the acquisition of I-XII exploration permits for the Tarfaya Offshore Shallow licence, for a total of 23,900 square kilometres, again on the Atlantic margin and off the cities of Sidi Ifni, Tan Tan and Tarfaya. The contract sees us as operators with a 75% interest, with the remaining 25% is assigned to ONHYM. In March 2019, an agreement was signed with Qatar Petroleum for the sale of a 30% interest in this licence. After approval by the authorities, expected by the end of the year, we will remain as operators with a 45% interest.
Our activities in Morocco
We are active in Exploration & Production in 43 countries, including Morocco, where we hold the Tarfaya Offshore Shallow exploration licence, located in the Atlantic Ocean.
Exploration & Production
Gross undeveloped surface area in Marocco
Net undeveloped surface area in Marocco
Total net surface area in Morocco
Keep up to date with the latest news about our work in the country and our projects in the region.
Read also on our local development projects in Africa
Selected contents on this issue