OPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 07/09/2021-21/09/2021
North America-Mexico-MEXICO CITY-MX-MEX CITY PALMAS
PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: FINANCE
Home National | Expert | Residential
At Eni, we are looking for a Treasury Accountant within Eni Mexico in Mexico City. You will be responsible for working with the Treasury Coordinator in handling the Company’s cash activities; including reconciling and recording all cash transactions, initiating electronic wire transfers of funds and weekly check runs.
About Eni Mexico
We have been working in Mexico since 2006 and our wholly owned subsidiary, Eni Mexico S de RL de CV, was founded there in 2015. Eni Mexico is developing the Amoca, Miztón and Tecoalli discoveries in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2015, we acquired Area 1, located 200 kilometres west of Ciudad del Carmen and at a depth of 33 metres, and in July 2019 we began production. An estimated 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) are in place (90% oil) in the Amoca, Miztón and Tecoalli fields.
Full field production will commence in early 2021 with the installation of a floating production, storage and offloading facility (FPSO). The Area will reach a daily plateau of 100,000 boe. We will also construct and install two additional platforms on the Amoca field and one on the Tecoalli field. As one of the first overseas energy companies to begin successful exploration and operations in Mexico, joining us means you could develop your career with a company applying deep knowledge, expertise and technological innovation to everything we do.
As a member of the Contracts & Procurement department at Eni Mexico, you will be responsible for:
- Access daily bank activity, reconcile and record cash transactions then post to PC based database.
- Initiate weekly check runs and manual payments to all vendors.
- Initiate wire transfers of funds as required.
- Maintain foreign exchange rates and prepare foreign currency payments.
- Interact with customers and third party vendors’ ACH information for setup of payment method.
- Coordinate with our banks and legal department for the preparation and execution of corporate resolutions and bank signature cards.
- Month-end close process; all cash must be recorded based on Finance department closing schedule (run trial balance, prepare entries)
- Provide all required documentation for the year-end audit of Treasury related activities, including request during the audit. (balance confirmations, investment confirmations, schedules, paid item reports).
- Work on special projects/requests outside of normal routine (i.e. escheat audit, accounting system conversions)
- Maintain relationship with bank account representatives and oversee upgrades/changes/issues for conducting business without interruption of services.
- Prepare quarterly schedule for loans, interest expense and interest income
- Calculate amount of surplus cash to invest on daily basis.
- Other requests and duties as assigned.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Degree in Finance area or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, specifically in exploration and production.
- Computer software applications and accounting applications.
Mexico City, Mexico.
Residential. Local (non-expatriate) 12 months Fixed Term Contract (extendable)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more:
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.