OPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 21/07/2022-20/08/2022
Other European countries-United Kingdom LONDON - BUCKINGHAM PLC RD
PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: ICT
Home National | Expert| Residential
At Eni, we are looking for an ICT Business Analyst within ETB in London. You will be responsible for supporting in the management of the product backlog for one or more business areas. Producing functional requirements documentation and supporting, where possible, in the non-functional and design elements of a solution.
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company.
In keeping with Eni’s overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni’s oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB’s activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistic services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB’s integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
ETB is present in the UK, in Italy, in Singapore and through a subsidiary, in Houston - USA.
As a member of ICT Team at ETB you will be responsible for:
- Conducting interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, workflow storyboards, use case scenarios and other methods.
- Working with Business stakeholders, as well as ICT project and application maintenance teams to priorities requirements, as well as producing high-quality documentation and supporting in the technical design of solutions where appropriate.
- Analyzing and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to required standards.
- Managing scope, delivery timelines and communications across all Business areas.
- Performing quality assurance testing on application changes and features within the ICT domain and to support Business users in their acceptance testing and any application training required.
- Contributing towards the implementation of changes to applications and provide post go-live support for the application maintenance team.
- Promoting and maintain strong delivery standards across the organization with a focus on both quality and timelines.
- Challenge existing processes and technology with a view to improve both functionality and efficiency.
- Providing in-depth business context to the development and application maintenance teams where required and support in the resolution of high-priority Production support issues.
- Managing relationships with third-party service providers to monitor and improve where required the quality of support provided to end-users of trading applications. Key link between the company business functions and the ICT Department to evaluate their needs and priorities, as well as to oversee development and change delivery and all associated communications.
- participating in both projects and application maintenance activities across multiple applications and technologies.
- Eliciting and documenting functional requirements following internal standards, including defining acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Link between both internal and external ICT partners (e.g. vendors, system integrators) and the ICT department.
- guaranteeing the quality of deliverables from ICT development and testing teams, as well as to coordinate User Acceptance Testing with Business users.
- supporting the business functions to efficiently and correctly use the systems by providing training and support where required and to proactively identify areas of potential system or process optimization.
- acting as a functional expert for ETRM applications, always striving to ensure the highest quality is delivered and timelines are met. University degree in STEM subject or similar, or equivalent work experience.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Previous experience working as a functional or technical Business Analyst.
- Previous experience working with an ETRM/CTRM solution; relevant implementation or configuration experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Commodity and Energy markets is a requirement; experience with the Oil, Refined Products or Biofuels markets is desirable.
- Knowledge of the trade lifecycle, including trade capture, validation and valuation is a requirement; detailed knowledge of Market Risk concepts is desirable.
- Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and experience in end-to-end delivery for change initiatives.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, including SQL, is an asset.
- Adopts a hands-on approach, is naturally inquisitive and has a good attention to detail.
- Comfortable working on diverse deliverables in parallel.
- Strong communication skills and experience interfacing with Business colleagues, external partners and on-shore and off-shore delivery teams.
- Knowledge of common Business Analysis methodologies and tools; formal Business Analysis or ICT qualifications are desirable.
- Knowledge of project management, Agile methodologies and service delivery tools and methodologies is an asset.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English; knowledge of Italian is an asset.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more:
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.