· a summary of the outcomes of the AGM and the main points discussed
· supporting documentation for the AGM downloadable in pdf
The Eni S.p.A Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting held today resolved to:
· approve the Financial Statements of Eni S.p.A at December 31, 2006 which show a net income of euro 5,821,357,774.51;
· approve the Financial Statements of Eni Portugal Investment S.p.A. and Società Finanziaria Eni – Enifin S.p.A., both merged into Eni S.p.A. on January 2, 2007, and the allocation to Eni S.p.A. Reserve of carried forward profits of their net income of euro 247,949,030.63 and 45,561,983.65, respectively;
· allocate euro 3,611,713,444.51 (representing Eni's residual net income following the payment, from the net income of euro 5,821,357,774.51, of an interim dividend of euro 0.60 per share resolved by the Board of Directors on September 21, 2006 and paid on October 26, 2006) as follows;
- payment of a dividend of euro 0.65 for each share outstanding on the ex-dividend date, Eni treasury shares on that date excluded. In consideration of the payment of the 2006 interim dividend of euro 0.60 per share, therefore, the 2006 dividend per share proposed is euro 1.25:
- to the Distributable Reserve the amount left after the allotment of the dividend as described above;
· pay the said dividend of a 0,65 euro per share as from June 21, 2007, with the ex-dividend date June 18, 2007;
· authorise the Board of Directors to extend the duration of the Eni treasury shares program and therefore to purchase up to 400,000,000 Eni ordinary shares, corresponding to 10% of the company's capital, within eighteen months of the Shareholders' Meeting date. The purchase price will not be lower than Eni shares nominal value and not higher than the reference price recorded on the electronic stock market, organised and managed by the Borsa Italiana S.p.A. (the Italian Stock Exchange) on the day preceding each purchase increased of 5% of its amount. The total amount will not however exceed euro 7.4 billion. From the inception of the buy-back program to the Shareholders' Meeting date a total of 346,186,510 shares (8.643% of Eni share capital) was purchased for an expense of euro 5,781.6 million, corresponding to 78.13% of the maximum amount of euro 7.4 billion. The average purchase price was euro 16.701 per share;
· approve amendments to Eni's by-laws to amend the text to take into account the changes introduced by Legislative Decree No. 303/06 and Legislative Decree No. 58/98 (TUF), and to introduce other formal changes. Eni's Sustainability Report 2006 will also be available to shareholders.
Eni S.p.A. Shareholders' Meeting resolved to pay final dividends as from June 21, 2007, coupon No. 8, being the ex-dividend date June 18, 2007. Therefore, as of this last date, Eni shares will be traded without the right to the payment of 2006 final dividend.
In order to exercise the rights incorporated in the shares owned, Shareholders whose shares are not yet in uncertified form shall previously deliver said shares to a financial intermediary for their deposit with Monte Titoli S.p.A. (the Italian Securities Register Centre) and their subsequent dematerialisation.
The payment of dividends to Beneficial Owners of ADRs, each of them representing two Eni shares, listed on the New York Stock Exchange, will be executed through JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A..