· a summary of the outcomes of the AGM and the main points discussed
· supporting documentation for the AGM downloadable in pdf
Eni's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders’, which was held on 29 April 2010, resolved to:
· approve Eni’s Financial Statements for the year ending 31 December 2009, which show a net profit of €5,060,639,549.44;
· allocate €3,249,436,231.44 of Eni’s 2009 net profit of €5,060,639,549.44, which is the residual amount after the payment of an interim dividend of €0.50 per share resolved by the Board of Directors on 10 September 2009 and paid from 24 September 2009, as follows:
- for the payment of a dividend of €0.50 for each share in circulation, excluding Eni treasury shares, on the ex-dividend date. Taking account of the payment in 2009 of an interim dividend of €0.50 per share, the full dividend proposed for 2009 consequently amounts to €1 per share;
- to allocate the residual net profit, after payment of the dividend, to the Distributable Reserve;
· set the payment date for the 2009 from 27 May 2010, the ex-dividend date being 24 May 2010;
· appoint the auditing firm Reconta Ernst & Young as Independent Auditors for Eni’s financial statements for the period 2010-2018;
· approve amendments to articles 1, 4, 12, 14, 15 and 16 of the company’s by-laws as proposed by the Board of Directors. These include the recent changes to shareholders rights introduced in Italy by the recent decree that implements the EU Shareholders Rights Directive.
Eni Shareholders’ Meeting resolved to pay final dividends from 27 May 2010, coupon No. 14, the ex-dividend date being 24 May 2010. Consequently, as of this date, Eni shares will be traded without the right to the payment of the 2009 final dividend.