Eni’s Shareholders’ Meeting was held on 12 May 2021, in Rome, Piazzale Mattei 1, exclusively through the Shareholders’ representative designated by the company pursuant to Decree Law no. 18/2020.
Products and Services
Eni for you
Our energy at your service.
For your business
Energy solutions for large and small businesses.
Below is an excerpt from the letter to Shareholders published in the 2020 Integrated Annual Report, jointly signed by Lucia Calvosa, Chairman and Claudio Descalzi, CEO.
2020 was a year like no other, which will forever be remembered for the dramatic events we have experienced and for the unprecedented challenges that our Company has faced. The COVID-19 pandemic affected everybody’s lives, every activity and the energy industry with a magnitude that exceeded all previous crises. The trading environment in 2020 saw the largest oil demand drop in history, down by an estimated 9%. In tackling COVID-19, we reacted fast, finding inside our Company the energy, resources and flexibility to overcome this crisis.
After having successfully managed the global crisis of the sector in 2020 thanks to the quality of our assets and the ability of the organization to adapt and react, Eni is now ready to face the challenges of the next decade, of the post-pandemic recovery and the energy transition. Proprietary technologies, business integration, digitalization and our competences will be the driving force behind this evolution.
Shareholders’ Meeting 12 May 2021 Resolutions
Summary Report of the votes
Minutes of the Shareholders’ Meeting 2021
Notice of Shareholders' Meeting 2021
Extract of the Notice of Shareholders' Meeting 2021
Shareholders Meeting Publications
Shareholders’ proposed resolutions
Questions prior to the Shareholders' Meeting
Shareholders may submit questions by May 3, 2021 at the address email@example.com or by certified e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the following link:
Questions before the Shareholders' Meeting 2014
Proxy Form Designated Representative
By-laws, Shareholders’ Meeting Regulation, Consob Communication
Information on share capital
The Company’s share capital subscribed and fully paid up is equal to €4,005,358,876.00, represented by 3,605,594,848 ordinary shares without indication of par value, each share entitles to one vote in ordinary and extraordinary Shareholders' Meetings. The Company holds no. 33,045,197 treasury shares, corresponding to 0.92% of the share capital. For treasury shares voting rights are suspended. The shares are counted for the purposes of the regular constitution of the Shareholders’ Meeting, but not for the calculation of the majority required for approval of the resolutions on the agenda.
Information on how Shareholders Meetings are conducted, Shareholders' rights and how the main organs of the Corporate Governance work.
Publication of the Notice of Shareholders’ meeting, of the Report of the Board of Directors on the items of the agenda of the Shareholders’ Meeting, of the proxy forms to the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company, of the Eni’s annual report 2020 (Italian Edition) which includes the Non Financial Information (NFI), of the Corporate governance Report 2020 and of the Report on remuneration policy and remuneration paid 2021.
Deadline for requesting addition of items to the agenda and presentation of new resolutions by Shareholders who represent at least 1/40 of the share capital (Article 126-bis, paragraph 1, of the T.U.F.).
- for the publication by the Company of any addition of items to the agenda and/or presentation of new resolutions presented by April 12 by Shareholders who represent at least 1/40 of the share capital (Article 126-bis, paragraph 1, of the T.U.F.).
- to inform the Company of the intention to submit, by any persons entitled to vote individually at the Shareholders' Meeting, proposed resolutions on the items in the agenda, solely through a proxy granted to the Shareholders’ Representative, included proposed appointments related to items 4 and 5 of the agenda, by e-mail at the address email@example.com, or by certified e-mail at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record Date, right to attend and to vote at the Shareholders’ Meeting, through the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company (Article 83-sexies, paragraph 2, of the T.U.F.).
- Deadline to ask questions on items on the agenda prior to the Shareholders’ Meeting by those entitled to vote (Article 127-ter of the T.U.F.).
- Publication by the Company of any intention to present resolutions in the Meeting, through the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company, by shareholders who holds voting right.
- By 18:00 deadline for the submission to the Company of the statement provided by the authorized intermediary certifying the right to present resolutions (Article 83-sexies, paragraph 2 of the T.U.F. - Right to vote on the record date).
Deadline within the Company must receive the statement provided by the authorized intermediary by those who have the right to vote and who have asked questions within the record date (Article 127-ter of the T.U.F.).
Deadline within which the Company must receive the statement provided by the authorized intermediary certifying the right to attend and to vote in the Shareholders’ Meeting (Article 83-sexies, paragraph 2, of the T.U.F.).
Deadline for the publication of answers to questions prior to the Shareholders' Meeting (Article 127-ter of the T.U.F.).
Deadline for receipt by the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company of the proxies pursuant to Article 135-undecies of the T.U.F. conferred by signing the related proxy form, available on this section of the Company’s website (Article 135-novies of the T.U.F.).
- Deadline for receipt, by the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company, of the proxies pursuant to Article 135-novies of the T.U.F. Proxies or sub-proxies, which shall be conferred by signing the related proxy form to the Shareholders’ Representative, in accordance with the procedures specified on this section of the Company’s website, must be received, for organisational reasons, by 12:00 noon to the Shareholders’ representative designated by the Company.
- Deadline for notification to the Company of the proxies or sub-proxies pursuant to Article 135-novies of the T.U.F., without the voting instructions.
Meetings from 2005 to the present day
Summary of Meetings' resolutions and key points discussed in Eni's Ordinary and Extraordinary Shareholders Meetings from 2005 to the present day, including supporting documentation.